The IGWG organizes regular in-person and virtual events where members from around the world can learn from and connect with each other. These events may be thematic, such as a focus on recent research in the GBV field, or dedicated to capacity building, like how to use film for social and behavior change communication. Our annual IGWG Plenary creates space for members to meet in person and provide feedback on the network as a whole each year.
Presentations and recordings of IGWG events are available online so you can find past events you missed or want to revisit. The presentation materials are also available.
- This event has passed.
IGWG Plenary 2014
October 29, 2014 @ 8:30 am - 11:30 am
On October 29, 2014, IGWG hosted a standing-room only plenary in Washington D.C. Attendees were welcomed by Jennifer Adams, Deputy Assistant Administrator in USAID’s Bureau for Global Health. Attendees then heard formal presentations by Kate Gilles, Policy Analyst at PRB; Mary Ellen Stanton, Senior Maternal Health Advisor at USAID; Shelah Bloom, UNC/Measure Evaluation Senior Gender Advisor; and Kristen Wares, USAID Strategic Information Advisor. The event concluded with a “bonus round” of eight five-minute presentations on topics ranging from youth to livestock to elder abuse.
The full formal presentations can be downloaded here:
- “Pursuing Gender Equality Inside and Out: Mainstreaming Gender in International Development Organizations” by Kate Gilles, Policy Analyst at PRB (PDF: 289 KB)
- “Progress in Documenting and Preventing Disrespect and Abuse of Women During Childbirth” by Mary Ellen Stanton, Senior Maternal Health Advisor at USAID (PDF: 1974 KB)
- “Botswana GBV Referral System and Beyond: What A Health Information System Can Do for GBV Prevention and Response” by Shelah Bloom, UNC/Measure Evaluation Senior Gender Advisor, and Kristen Wares, USAID Strategic Information Advisor (PDF: 1485 KB)
The bonus round included the following presentations:
- Meghan Donohue/Kathryn Bacon Goldman of PeaceCorps–Youth Empowerment Camps;
- Andrea Bertone of FHI360—Mapping of Safe Spaces in Schools in DRC;
- Margaret Greene of GreeneWorks–Role of Men and Boys in Child Marriage;
- Cailin Crockett of HHS—Gender-Based Violence against the Elderly;
- Lydia Mbevi-Nderitu of ACDI/VOCA–Livestock, Gender, and Resilience in Kenya;
- David Wofford of RAISE Health/Evidence–Workplace Health Policies and Women;
- Laili Irani of HPP—Tool for Measuring Gender Sensitivity of Health Facilities in Afghanistan
- Myra Betron of Jhpiego—Toolkit for Gender Analysis Data Collection
- Meeting minutes (PDF: 582 KB)