As part of the 16 Days of Activism against Gender Violence, the Interagency Gender Working Group, U.S. Agency for International Development, Woodrow Wilson Center, CARE, and Population Reference Bureau hosted a panel discussion on December 9, 2013 exploring new technologies to combat GBV. How effective are they, and what are some of the more ethical, practical, and actionable ways forward? Panelists discussed how these technologies can be used in various aspects of gender-based violence, from sexual assault in conflict areas to intimate partner violence in India and in the United States.
- Bukeni Waruzi, “Effective, Safe, and Ethical Documentation of GBV” (PDF: 594 KB)
- Mohini Bhavsar, “CommCare for GBV and Health Workers” (PDF: 1624 KB)
- Nancy Glass, “Testing the Effectiveness of Internet/Smartphone Based Interventions on Survivor Safety and Health” (PDF: 1688 KB)
- Nancy Schwartzman, “Circle of 6” (PDF: 15415 KB)
- Speaker Bios (PDF: 126 KB)