The IGWG organizes regular in-person and virtual events where members from around the world can learn from and connect with each other. These events may be thematic, such as a focus on recent research in the GBV field, or dedicated to capacity building, like how to use film for social and behavior change communication. Our annual IGWG Plenary creates space for members to meet in person and provide feedback on the network as a whole each year.
Presentations and recordings of IGWG events are available online so you can find past events you missed or want to revisit. The presentation materials are also available.
- This event has passed.
Innovative Technologies Help Combat GBV
December 9, 2013 @ 9:00 am - 12:30 pm
As part of the 16 Days of Activism against Gender Violence, the Interagency Gender Working Group, U.S. Agency for International Development, Woodrow Wilson Center, CARE, and Population Reference Bureau hosted a panel discussion on December 9, 2013 exploring new technologies to combat GBV. How effective are they, and what are some of the more ethical, practical, and actionable ways forward? Panelists discussed how these technologies can be used in various aspects of gender-based violence, from sexual assault in conflict areas to intimate partner violence in India and in the United States.
- Bukeni Waruzi, “Effective, Safe, and Ethical Documentation of GBV” (PDF: 594 KB)
- Mohini Bhavsar, “CommCare for GBV and Health Workers” (PDF: 1624 KB)
- Nancy Glass, “Testing the Effectiveness of Internet/Smartphone Based Interventions on Survivor Safety and Health” (PDF: 1688 KB)
- Nancy Schwartzman, “Circle of 6” (PDF: 15415 KB)
- Speaker Bios (PDF: 126 KB)