The IGWG organizes regular in-person and virtual events where members from around the world can learn from and connect with each other. These events may be thematic, such as a focus on recent research in the GBV field, or dedicated to capacity building, like how to use film for social and behavior change communication. Our annual IGWG Plenary creates space for members to meet in person and provide feedback on the network as a whole each year.
Presentations and recordings of IGWG events are available online so you can find past events you missed or want to revisit. The presentation materials are also available.
- This event has passed.
SASA! and Its Application in Haiti– PLUS a Sneak Peak at the SASA Evaluation Results in Uganda
April 24, 2014 @ 8:30 am - 11:30 am
This fascinating brown bag, held on April 24, featured well-known GBV expert, Dr. Mary Ellsberg, who shared a video on the SASA program and a look at the preliminary results from the monitoring and evaluation of SASA. She noted that the preliminary figures show that it can be worthwhile to engage communities as a whole to encourage social norm change.
Dr. Ellsberg was followed by a presentation by Sara Siebert, Violence Against Women and Girls Program Director of Beyond Borders in Haiti, in which she discussed the adaptation of the SASA program in Haiti, emphasizing the importance of culturally appropriate language and visuals.
- Bukeni Waruzi, “Effective, Safe, and Ethical Documentation of GBV” (PDF: 594 KB)
- Mohini Bhavsar, “CommCare for GBV and Health Workers” (PDF: 1624 KB)
- Nancy Glass, “Testing the Effectiveness of Internet/Smartphone Based Interventions on Survivor Safety and Health” (PDF: 1688 KB)
- Nancy Schwartzman, “Circle of 6” (PDF: 15415 KB)
- Speaker Bios (PDF: 126 KB)