March Gender Knowledge Exchange Event: A Conversation With ABAAD on Adapting GBV Programming During COVID
Learn about how ABAAD has adapted its programming in gender-based violence (GBV) prevention and response in the face of the COVID-19 pandemic; and connect with gender experts and fellow gender champions in a conversational setting.
We are excited to welcome you to the first event in our new gender knowledge exchange series! Our upcoming network exchange sessions aim to provide IGWG members with the opportunity to consult with a gender expert on a given topic or challenge in an informal and interactive small group setting, and to leverage the wisdom of the gender champions who join the sessions to exchange knowledge and experiences. Think of it as “office hours” for IGWG members and friends!
This month’s event will be led by Jihane Isseid, Hassan Joumaa, and Gary Zeitounalian of the ABAAD Resource Center for Gender Equality in Lebanon. They will discuss the challenges and lessons learned from ABAAD’s efforts to address GBV survivors’ health and well-being needs and prevent future violence during the pandemic, as well as take questions from members about the organization’s approach and programming.
Topics for discussion include:
- Remote GBV Case Management, Jihane Isseid, Technical Coordinator
- Child protection
- Adopting Psychosocial Support (PSS) Interventions to Remote Modalities, Hassan Joumaa, Masculinity Technical Focal Point
- Engaging couples in online parenting and anger and stress workshops
- E-Awareness and E-PSS
- Community Based Interventions During COVID-19, Gary Zeitounalian, Gender Program Technical Support
- Training program for women’s community groups
- Outreach Volunteers (OVs) for Peer-to-Peer Sessions
The IGWG also caught up with Gary Zeitounalian in December 2020 to discuss how ABAAD adapted their programming to address the violence prevention and response needs of women and girls while confronting the impacts of COVID-19. Read the interview here.
Any questions or inquiries? Suggestions for future gender knowledge exchange events? Contact the IGWG team at firstname.lastname@example.org.